Board index Ess and Emm forum Members private fun Say Hello Any....

Any....

Please use this topic to introduce yourself to other members. It's a nice way to let others know a little about yourself.
Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 pm
snj

...thoughts, news, views, reports, greetings, original posts, new members....? Very quiet on here. Come on it is a new year. How about a few new threads to kick off some chat? :)

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 pm
snj

...that will be a no then! Will post a review of our next visit in a few weeks. ;)

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Just dropped by to say hello as no one seems to have answered you :?

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 pm
snj

...thanks. Not sure why everything has gone so quiet?! :?

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 am

Reasons for the forum going quiet?

The only one that springs to mind is that historically UK forums have a history of being at their quietest in the two weeks at the end of January, irrespective of the subject matter. Peak time is around late August (now I'm being boring)

Perhaps its post Christmas blues? or SAD due to the British weather.

The interesting point is that the website statistics overall show an ever increasing trend in number of views per month. for both the main site and the forum.

In the past the site was hosted by a company called Fetish hosting, however they turned out (at the time) to only be resellers of hosting. They also hosted a number of sites that had been blocked by various search engines, unfortunately that seemed to have a knock on effect to other websites hosted within the same block of IP addresses.

Ess & Emm has been hosted by an American Company for some time now (Jaguar PC) not only is the overall service (bandwidth and speed) faster for the site but the site is now significantly better placed in search engine ratings (that helps greatly with the number of people finding and viewing the site)

Its interesting that the forum has gone quiet recently, but the number of views of the forum is up month by month, the main website views are up over 400% since changing host and everything at Ess and Emm is busy.

I guess the forum could be made very busy by allowing all of the new requests for registration, on average that's 10 plus potential new members per day. Membership requests from anyone who appears to want to join the forum for a genuine reason are happily accepted, but vetted carefully to avoid the quality of members being eroded. Would the established users of this forum want daily posts advertising Russian washing powder, penis extension aids, hair replacement or Ukrainian time share sales?

To give you an idea of the number of requests, the following user names were not accepted for membership yesterday:

anehisi, LutherHip, Leonidsa, YeseniaEt, RobertBut, WillardMt, nohnigepefgi76, PharmellaSw, Annetteweep, nohnigepefdp82, Russtllki, JannalSr, AlexGavs, DanielZics, Isaacm1983, MichaelTilkfaiff, nohnigepefez71, BogdanSi, nohnigepefxp89, Thomasmn, nohnigepefnk71

Has anyone any ideas of what they would like to make the forum busier?

MissD x

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 pm
snj

...not from me. I am an IT dunce who can just about send emails and at work rely on basic spreadsheet and database skills that date back many years. Well done for keeping out the Trolls (I think that is right?) and time wasters and can only assume that the client base that that P and T attract are refined , discreet, private and perhaps a bit shy in sharing what goes on at Ess and Emm. We all have the choice of joining in or just watching. Perhaps this site attracts more voyeurs, than do-ers? Glad that the site is being read - even if there is little new going on!

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:18 am

I forgot to check the forum for a few weeks, it looks like the RSS feed that was working has stopped so didn't even think to come here normally.

I personally think that it is probably a lack of wanting to share and also that most of us who are vocal are not going to Ess&Emm every week so the subject matter related to the board is probably a little limited. I would guess the people who attend Ess&Emm frequently, I assume there are some? They are more likely to use the tradition and larger boards like EssandEmm.

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 am

and snj don't forget between the two of us we have made nearly half the posts on the board and started nearly 30% of the topics, so imagine how quiet it would be without us!

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 pm

I must try and come on more often . . . .well done to you both for keeping it going.

Return to “Say Hello”