Board index Ess and Emm forum Members private fun Special Offers and News Forum Software updated

Forum Software updated

Have a look here for news of any special offers, news or events at Ess and Emm
Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:44 am

Whilst P slept soundly, her band of loyal pixies ferreted away on the board and updated the forum software.

If anyone finds any errors in the latest version of the forum please let the pixies know (or at least me).

Ah - must rush now, I hear the sound of snoring has stopped and soon she will be awake,,, back to the grind now.

Perhaps she will now unchain T from his jobs, and let him stretch his legs for ten minutes, that is after he has made her breakfast in bed and supplied her numerous coffee's.

It must be good to be the boss!!

Miss D x

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:14 pm
MissP User avatar
Site Admin

Thank you very much :-)

But less of the cheek please! :-)
MissP

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Well RSS started working again so something good happened with the upgrade :D

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 am

I am pleased to hear that the RSS feed is again working - much effort had been put into discovering why it stopped, but all the server side indications seemed to show it "was" working - even though to the outside world it had stopped.

The BB software was reloaded in its entirety as part of the fault finding process, but even that did not sort the problem - the upgrade did. How it did is a mystery...

Its obvious that the fault occured due to a corrupted php script - trouble is which one??? There are hundreds of them as part of the forum. A true needle in a haystack job.

What I do know is that the upgrade changed 141 files, at least I know that one of those is the offending file. Its just finding which one and what value was the offending value

A strange problem which hopefully has been resolved by the latest upgrade.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm

I think the problem was probably due to those damn pixies.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I agree, fortunately (or was it unfortunately?) the one shown below (found lurking near Ess and Emm) is rumoured to have disturbed MissP during one of her snoozes.

Live Pixie.JPG
Live Pixie.JPG (26.52 KiB) Viewed 11207 times

MissP was not impressed, but at least now the RSS feed works (Before and after pics!!)

Live Pixie.JPG
Live Pixie.JPG (26.52 KiB) Viewed 11207 times
Attachments
Dead Pixie.JPG
Dead Pixie.JPG (30.71 KiB) Viewed 11207 times

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:50 pm
snj

...having tried once or twice to post a comment - it still does not work for me but that might just be me!

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:20 pm
snj

...I take it all back - my comment is there - Sorry Miss! :?

Return to “Special Offers and News”