Board index Ess and Emm forum Members private fun Needs Canes

Canes

What do you need or want to happen? Feel free to ask here - you might be pleasantly surprised.
Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 am

Can anyone offer any advice about canes?

Mistress enjoyed using one when we were an Ess&Emm, and I'm wondering if that might make a good Christmas present (to us both!!)

My issue is that there seems to be so many different types out there - bamboo, kooboo, rattan, beech, fibreglass .... the list goes on.

Does anyone know the difference between them all? I'm drawn towards a kooboo one (in part because Fetters has a nice one).

Thoughts or advice anyone??

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:00 pm
snj

...canes are a very personal thing - as with most things that we might enjoy, such as a strap-on etc!

The key with a cane is to get the right balance between weight, thickness, length and flexibility. In addition what is needed from a delivery and a "delivered" viewpoint has to be considered. Do you want a hard quick thrashing or a slow lighter beating? As with most scenes the mood can vary both from scene to scene and within scene.

A judicial scene where there is a ritual punishment and a series of very hard strokes, can demand a dragon cane or thick kooboo. For lighter scenarios or more fun play then a lighter and thinner cane can be fun or if the recipient is not in to heavy play- naughty pupil perhaps?

Basically it is up to how, where and when the cane is to be used.

There are certainly huge differences -12 stokes of a dense thick and heavy cane will leave marks and weals that will last for days - maybe drawing blood and will be intense for giver and receiver. The same stokes with a lighter and flexible cane may l mark but they will fade within minutes.

I know this will not help much but if you consider all the aspects it might help you to choose? Canes can be so very individual (we have a decent selection now of all hues, to meet various needs and variations) and if your Mistress liked using one then it will be a great gift - even better if you buy 2 different ones to give her a choice? Personally would not get bamboo or synthetic though.

Different strokes for different folks! Good luck with your choice.

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:06 pm
snj

...but to answer your original question - kooboo will be fine with a 8mm to 12mm diameter. From there you can decide -thicker/thinner, heavier/lighter, stiffer/flexible etc... :)

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks snj. That's really helpful. Yep - I fully get the 'personal choice' aspect so it is useful to get your analysis of the different types. In truth, I'd prefer the long, soft, drawn out strikes. Mistress, however, I think would prefer the 'short, sharp shock'. Of course, my fantasies are always very different to what I could actually cope with - I'd love (in fantasy mode) to have some marks/welts that last a day or so. But I know I'd be screaming for mercy if I actually was receiving the strokes

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:04 pm
snj

...you may be pleasantly surprised? Once the endorphins kick in then actually harder can become better. There is a time between pain and pleasure that has to endured but once through that barrier, stronger and heavier can be so rewarding. The aftermath - welts, stripes etc - that can last for a good while can also be a reminder of that high and that can keep on giving for a few days. Variety and experiment is the way ahead to discover what works best? The cane beats (excuse the pun) just about any other implement imo to give and receive.

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Problem solved by a bit of a mess up by the retailer .... I ordered a Kooboo one but they sent a Rattan one. I've just called them, and they are sending a Kooboo one and I get to keep the Rattan one - so we'll have the ability to experiment and have choice depending on the scenario. (The additional good news is that the Kooboo one was a straight cane with a rubber handle. The Rattan one is 'crooked' (ie curved handle). It means that they are not just similar toys - but are visually different)

Roll on the arrival of the Kooboo came (by Christmas?) and the fun of trying them out. Forgive me if I can't sit down for a few days. ;-)

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:36 pm
snj

...yes you are right. Different scenes and situations mean that having a variety to choose from means that many options and possibilities can be enjoyed. The best of all worlds. The cane is a precision implement - to give and receive so - choices are great to have. Have fun.

Return to “Needs”