Board index Ess and Emm forum Members private fun Stories The Wheel

The Wheel

Members stories (these might be real experiences - or a fantasy wish). Please feel free to interact with the author and add to the experience.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 pm

What are people's experiences like using the wheel we thought we understood it but when it came to trying it we were losing the moment trying to work it out so didn't bother.

Do people find it easy to use?

What do you use with it?

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:35 pm
snj

...limited experience but:
To feel really secure on board you do need to use lot of straps. That takes time and was not that comfortable. To move the wheel there is a foot brake to disengage and when the wheel is in the desired position to lock off. The wheel can be turned easily but of course as to be manually controlled to position it, that can seem to be fairly physical. Being upside down was not exactly comfortable or pleasurable personally but some might love it!

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:39 pm

We just couldn't work out the straps and definitely didn't want to be upside down when we found we'd done it wrong. As you said there are loads of straps. As such a dominate feature in the room we felt we really should try it.

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:40 am

We tried out the wheel during our recent stay. It was one of the main reasons for choosing Ess and Emm - the chance to try something unusual and rare. We realised after our first attempt that we had the foot plates too low, so we moved them up. The straps were pretty easy to work out - definitely worth making sure the padding is in place under them. Second 'play'/attempt was a lot better. You just have to make sure the straps (especially shoulder and chest) are pulled tight.

However, both times I felt secure - although feeling insecure was part of the fun. That sense of being under someone else's control. I tended to get left horizontal rather than upside down - but I'd lost my sense of direction having been spun round a few times. It also felt like I was leaning forward, as if the wheel had also moved vertically (which of course it hadn't).

Of course, I was hooded both times so couldn't see. The whole experience, on reflection, made me realise how different (and thrilling) 'proper' bondage is, rather than the milder versions we play at home (a few straps to the bed, or cuffed in version positions). It (along with whipping benches, etc) at Ess and Emm really opened my desire for MUCH more bondage play.

Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:40 am

It was the first thing we tried when we visited,as I was excited by the pics of it and it is an amazing piece of kit. Unfortunately for me, in reality it was way too much of a faff and I'd lost a bit of mojo by the time I was fully strapped up in it. But for people into rope bondage type play they would love it! I'm just a bit over eager I think!! :P :twisted:

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 pm

The first thing to do is to get the 2 foot stands correctly positioned. Stand on them and see if the two highest straps that are meant to go round the upper arms, just below the shoulders, are correctly aligned. If not, get off, unscrew the foot stands and reposition. This is a bit laborious but once it's done you'll always know the right position for future visits. The commonest reason to feel insecure is because the foot stands are not correctly positioned and so all the straps are then in the wrong place.

Best stand on the wheel facing outwards initially. The palms go under the hand grips, then there are three sets of straps best put on in this order: torso, arms, legs. Do them up just enough to give support at first. Now here's the key - the straps need to be tightened more than you might expect, so when the wheel is turned there shouldn't be much slip. Tighten the torso first - most people can easily tolerate tight straps here and it gives a great sense of being locked down. Next the limbs ones need tightening, but not so much, as the sensation comes more for the sheer number of straps rather than having them too tight, which can affect nerves in the upper arm and circulation nearer the wrist. The legs, especially the thighs, can take more tension.

Let the subject fear (aka enjoy) the sensation of being completely strapped down, upright at first. They know what's coming! Then for the rotation. Take it slow. Gently push the pedal down at the back of the wheel (NOT TOO FAR - just until the wheel is released) and then slowly rotate the wheel. Take your foot off the pedal to make the wheel position click at its next stop position. Waiting here gives the subject a little time to adjust to the new sensation but isn't very comfortable or sexy. Gently let the pedal down and slowly rotate the wheel, checking that there is hardly any slipping of the person. If there is, take things back to upright and see if any straps need tightening.

When everything is working well you can have great fun positioning the wheel wherever gives the best effect, upside down or horizontal. Best to try one or two full rotations without much in the way of stopping first. Then go for the position you want. What seems like minutes to the dom will seem like hours to the sub - especially when way out of control upside down.

Final word of warning - the pedal at the back occasionally comes out of alignment if it is pressed down too far, or at an angle instead of directly down. It's no big deal though, as all that happens is that the wheel won't lock in position but is free to rotate. You can try to get the pedal back to normal function by pressing it vertically straight down and then letting it slowly up, but if this fails just rotate the wheel to upright and it will stay there just fine until you want to undo the straps.

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks that was a thorough description although it was the shoulder and torso one that seemed most complex but your description of the arm ones might make it easier to work out. We are staying again in May so will spend some time working it out.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:41 pm
MissP User avatar
Site Admin

If anyone wants extra help on any of the pieces of equipment on their arrival Tony or myself will be happy to show you in detail. We spend a short time showing how things work so as not to encroach on your time here.

We are a friendly couple and want you to have the best experience possible - you only have to ask! :D
MissP

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:56 pm

We will take you up on the offer when we come next month

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Had a bit of a struggle with it as S is only 5"2, but found it was great as a restraint and applied with a body massager and some hand application. ;)

Return to “Stories”